Thursday, August 11, 2011

Things I want...

I was in either PetSmart or Petco (we were in both that day, so I forget which it was) two weeks ago with my mother, walking around looking at all of the cool lizards and other small animals I wish I could take home. Unfortunatly, with Charlie and Jaws I've apparently "reached my limit."



As we were looking at them I stated to my mother that at some point in my life I will own a reptile of some sort, because she can't do a thing about it once I move out. In response my mother says "do you ever realize that everything you want to do in life involves an animal in some way?"

I have friends, I swear.

So I decided for the past couple of weeks to keep a list of all the things I suddenly think of that I want to do in my life that I haven't already.

Here is what I came up with:

Skii- Yes I live in North Dakota.
Touch a shark
Hold a ferret
Get a charictature drawn of me.
Own a reptile of some sort.
Stick my hand through a dyson fan.
Pet a sphynx- type of "hairless"cat.
See a Babino- The wiener dogs of cats.
Go to another NHL game- Okay, yes I've done this one but it was like 5 years ago.
Own a cockatiel- I want one very bad.
Write a letter to the editor that actually gets published- i'm working on my first attempt right now.
Own a Great Dane
Adopt a pitbull/pit mix.
Adopt a cat.
Teach a hamster to go through an agility course.
Hold a bunny.
Have a dog who can do agility and Frisbee- Very well.

So I realized that a majority of the things I want do have to do with animals, but I don't want to be known as the "Crazy animal lady." I'd accept "Awesome animal lady.." Is that wrong?

My friends, thankfully, put up with the random animal facts, and even enthusiastically come with me to the humane society to see the kittens or to adoption days at Petsmart to meet the dogs.

But I think I'm going to have to take a step back from everything I want to do and realize that I can't do it all at once or I am going to become overwhelmed. And that wont end well for anybody.

I guess all I'm wondering now is am I alone with a list like this?




P.S.

I just successfully completed day 8 as a vegetarian.

2 comments:

  1. It seems like a good list to me --except for that sticking your hand through a fan thing. i don't know what that means.

    People will always be divided on whether you are crazy or awesome. The crazy ones will think you are crazy and the awesome ones will know you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fan doesn't have blades! Google dyson fan, it's really cool!

    I guess as long as I know i'm awesome, we will be fine...

    ReplyDelete