Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Becoming a Vegetarian.

I've been considering it for a while now. I don't eat a lot of meat especially recently because everytime I look at my plate I think about the animal that once was. I also don't even know where it came from or how the animal was treated.. how can I support something I don't know anything about?

I have trouble eating that.
Seriously.
How cute can one little thing be?


I'm not saying everyone in the world should stop eating meat. I'm not going to go all PETA on you. I really don't care what other people do, I just can't stand it myself.

So I'm becoming a vegetarian.

After I realized this was something I was interested in I did a lot of research and talked to my friend who is also a vegetarian. I found out there are a lot of health benefits so that was definatly a plus.

Of course, I don't do the grocery shopping, my parents do. I will probably have to start grocery shopping with them every week and picking up my own food because I do not expect my family to follow my choice. I also expect to be preparing most of my own meals, and even bringing my own to school (which I was considering anyways because I do not like standing in line and school food sucks. Seriously. worst. food. ever.)

Hopefully I'll be able to stick with it!

P.S. Charlie will continue to eat his dog food, which contains meat. Mostly because I think a vegetarian diet for a dog is insanity. (personal opinion, of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment