Saturday, June 11, 2011

Second Update and Pitbulls

First off my updates with Charlie and his homework! I know it's the day after (actually 2, but since I haven't gone to bed yet we will stick with the day after) but better late then never, right?

One thing I always wanted to teach Charlie, but never knew quite how to go about it is to go to his bed when I tell him to. I guess I've never thought that he would stay there if a person walked into our house even if I told him to, so I figured why try? But with The Trainer's help maybe we can do it! We are still working on his "look at me" (watch me) and he pretty much ignores the treats until I okay him now so that is awesome.

Charlie also learned "spin" this week, he knew "turn around" so spin is just the other way, The Trainer also suggested a few other tricks I can try to teach him, and helped me with some tips on how to get him to do a proper "back up" so I can eventually teach him to do a handstand (pretty much my dream to teach a dog... is that weird?).

Anyways, I have to discuss something like... right now.

Pitbulls.

I love pitbulls and I become very frustrated with people who stereotype pitbulls. I was playing Apples to Apples with my friends and the word was "Dangerous." One of my best friends in the entire world, someone who has grown up with and loves dogs lays down the card that said "Pit bull."

Well I kind of started an arguement and chihuahuas were brought into the picture. When somebody else in the room stated that pitbulls have killed children I said something along the lines of "so have golden retrievers, labs, and chihuahuas." WELL they do not believe me that a chihuahua has killed a child.


Gypsy

The discussion ended with me vowing that every person in that room will be going to the next adoption event in town and we are going up to every single pitbull.

My favorite dog to walk at the shelter was Gypsy, a pitbull. She was goofy and she absolutely loved everybody. Maybe it is my strong desire to prove people wrong, but one day I'm going to be the PROUD owner of a pitbull, and everybody we meet is going to be walking away with a better view on the breed.

For goodness sakes "Pitbull" is not even a breed.

I can't talk about this anymore, I am becoming more upset.

If anyone has a pitbull for loan, I would love to have him spend the day with a couple of my friends.


Well anyways, have a wonderful saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment